WSCA at the Legislature for Sports Physicals:
During the 2009 legislative session, the Physical Therapy Association of Washington (PTWA) initiated legislation seeking spinal manipulation in their scope of practice. During the 2009 and 2010 sessions no hearings were held in either the House or the Senate healthcare committees. The WSCA expects that a hearing will be held in either or both committees during the 2011 session.
The WSCA has been meeting with PTWA many times throughout the year. As part of those meetings, documents have been created raising the concerns of the WSCA Board of Directors and its members. The documents created are listed below for your review.
Please take the time to review these documents prior to your scheduled legislative day.
1. Find the schedule of your legislative day here.
2. November 2009 White Paper regarding spinal manipulation performed by physical therapists.
3. August 2010 report to the legislature regarding spinal manipulation performed by physical therapists w/cover letter.
4. August 2010 PT tracking log corrections by WSCA.
5. Example of spinal manipulation training for PT's.
6. World Health Organization guidelines on basic training and safety in chiropractic.
HB 1673/SB 5549-Concerning Physical Therapists
Read about the status of this and 3 other bills relating to chiropractic.